Spanish Potato Salad with Rosemary
Start with the freshest ingredients you can get your hands on. Boil, chop, mix and chill. Like I said, simple and fresh is better! This compliments a bbq with at least 6-8 friends. And you might have a little left to take home for yourself!
Servings: 6 people
- 2 1/2 pounds thin-skinned white potatoes, unpeeled cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 6 tablespoons Spanish Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVO) the greener the better
- 1/4 cup fresh pressed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons drained little capers or chopped chilled pickles
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped this is as important as the potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic or green chives if you're garlic intolerant
- 8 tablespoons sliced green onions or you can use boiled sweet onions
- 1 cup minced Spanish Sausage bits optional if you don't fancy meat
Boil potato rounds in a pot of water until just tender and still a little firm – don’t overcook; check often. Drain and let them cool in the strainer.
Blend by whisking together: oil, lemon juice, capers/pickles, rosemary and garlic/onions in medium bowl. Season with salt and cracked pepper.
Layer 1/4 of potatoes in bottom of a medium bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the dressing.
Repeat, layering 3 more times with remaining potatoes, salt and pepper, and dressing. (Can be made 6 hours ahead of time.)
Cover and chill. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.